Credentials of Lee Thomas
The past 40 years have been a real business adventure. There have been joys, challenges, successes and failures. All in all, it has been a wonderful experience of learning and growing. It is my desire to share my experience and knowledge with other "entrepreneurial oriented" people. Hopefully, this will help them avoid costly mistakes/misteps, and continue on the path to business success. The following is a chronology of my business adventures.
• 1973 - 1984 Dental Practitioner as L. E. Thomas, DMD, dba, Family Dental Care.
• 1975 - 1996 Owned and operated Thomas Learning Centers, New Thomas Learning Centers and Learning Tree which consisted of 23 childcare centers. Sold business to employees, and retained properties.
• 1981 - 1983 Created and operated NuTel of Colorado, a long distance telephone company. Sold to a larger competitor.
• 1982 - 1983 Owned Time Rentals, a commercial equipment rental company. Learned valuable business lessons and lost money.
• 1983 - Present I still own and manage multiple units of commercial and residential real estate.
• 1984 - 1986 Partner in Professional Resources, Inc., a professional brokerage practice company and was directly involved in the sale of over 30 professional practices. Sold to employee.
• 1984 - 1995 Owned, managed, and operated Family Dental Group and Quality Dental Care which consisted of 16 dental practices. Sold to a public company.
• 1989 - 1995 Owned and operated Lee’s Plumbing and Heating, a plumbing and heating company. Sold to employees. Retained the property.
• 1989 - 1995 Owned and operated Warranty Services of Colorado, a residential and commercial building inspection firm. Sold to a group of Professional Engineers. Retained the property.
• 1994 - 1996 Owned, with a partner, Managed Excellence LLC, and conducted seminars, and speaking engagements on a national level in the Dental Healthcare Industry.
• 1996 - 1999 Owned and managed RB Landscape and Tree Service, a midsized landscape maintenance company. Sold to a firm who was a consolidator in the market.
• 1997 - 1999 Owned and managed Best Value Publications, dba, The Advantage, a direct mail coupon business. Sold to employees. Retained the property.
• 2001 - 2005 Owned and managed Adaptive Automotive, an automobile dealership/vehicle modifier business. Sold after 4 ¾ years for a very nice margin over its acquisition cost. Retained the property.
• 2003 - 2005 Created Sidewalk Shavers, Inc. with a Partner, and we provided trip hazard removal services. After two years the original business opportunity was successfully sold. Retained the property. My original partner presently continues this business model in Missouri.
• 2007 - 2010 Owned and managed Denver Avionics, Inc., a business that provided installation, service and repair of electronic instrumentation for use in small private and commercial general aviation aircraft. Sold to larger, full service, aircraft maintenance company.
2010 - Present Business Advisor and Coach at Integrity Business Ventures, LLC. We provide business coaching services to people IN business and people who want to go INTO business.
1963 SAN JOSE STATE UNIV. BS MARKETING
1969 SAN JOSE STATE UNIV. POST GRADUATE
1973 UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE DMD (DOCTOR OF DENTAL MEDICINE)
"Magical Business Solutions: Adventures of a Serial Entrepreneur and Lessons Learned",
Integrity Business Ventures, LLC provides experienced based, results oriented, coaching services to people in business. It is also member of the world's largest association of private franchise placement specialists, that draws on our many years of industry experience as well as maintains relationships with literally hundreds of high quality franchisors.
To get into the WRONG business can be an economical, emotional, and psychological NIGHTMARE. I know, because I have been there!
My realistic methods are centered on cultivating productive options to enhance businesses and for those choosing a business that will suit their personality, skills, economic capabilities, and personal needs. My continued industry explorations allows me to be informed of the newest and top business "best practices", and opportunities available to get my clients headed down the right path.
I focus on getting to know you and identifying your basic principles, talents, passions and desired results before looking at different tactics to improve your business or choosing business opportunities.